ARNAM would like to thank everyone who participated in the workshop
We would like to congratulate all of our award winners:
Soodkhet (Bond) Imlao
The ARC Australian Research Network for Advanced Materials 2006 Annual Event was an informal workshop in Brisbane at the University of Queensland, with more than 140 participants representing more than 30 different universities and organisations.
There were 121 high quality presentations from local and international researchers.
- A small number of plenary overview papers from Australian and overseas research leaders
- A number of sessions of research presentations mainly from research students and early career researchers
The plenary addresses were delivered by 2 international speakers, and 5 Australian researchers (by order of appearance):
2 international researchers:
- Koji Kato, Tohoku University, Japan
- Keith Bowman, Purdue University, USA
5 experienced Australian researchers:
- Barry Luther-Davies, ANU
- Peter Hodgson, Deakin University
- Barry Muddle, Monash University
- Rachel Caruso, University of Melbourne
- John Dell, University of Western Austarlia
- All participants were ARNAM members, except under extraordinary circumstances.
- ARNAM provided local accommodation and meals at St John's College for workshop participants
- 6 poster prizes and 7 oral presentation prizes were awarded to student and early career researchers presenting research
- Presenting students and early career researchers were given travel support from where they were located in Australia
The International Conference on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICONN 2006) took place the following week from the 3 - 7 July 2006 also in Brisbane. This Nanotechnology conerence was attractive to attendees of the ARNAM workshop.