CHECK LIST for USAGE
KIOLOA COASTAL CAMPUS
* NB: Please read fieldwork guidelines on the web, for your safety and comfort. http://kioloa.anu.edu.au
* Please let the Managers know you have arrived. You will need to collect your keys for the allocated buildings
* On your arrival, read the water/swimming safety notices, displayed in the buildings.
* Under no circumstances, may you touch or use the fire extinguishers except in an emergency.
* Under no circumstances are fires allowed on the beach.
* Check with the Managers first, before lighting an open-fire in the designated fire-pits on the Foundation. Total bans are sometimes in force, or weather conditions considered unsuitable by us.
Items to you MUST Bring With You:
Bottom sheet and pillowcase, WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE USING A SLEEPING BAG. Sleeping bag or top sheet, blankets or dooner. If you arrive without these things you MUST tell Steven or Robin (K.C.C. Managers) who will provide you with any of these things. A hiring fee applies.
- Bath towel and beach towel if required. If you arrive without your bath towel, again tell Steven or Robin and they will be able to provide one. A hiring fee applies.
- Mosquito and fly repellent (in season there are plenty, plus this helps protect against ticks and leeches).
- Sensible clothing for all types of weather … plus the coast does get a lot of wind and rain at times. Make sure you have sensible footwear.
This makes sure your stay is comfortable and helps us out too!
Download this list in a .doc here (27KB).