Dr Yuantong Gu
Address: School of Aerospace, Mechanical & Mechatronic Engineering
the University of Sydney,
USyd, Engineering, AMME, Centre for Advanced Materials Technology (CAMT)
Role in the networkEarly Career Researcher (ECR)
Materials Research FocusInnovative structural and functional materials for diverse applications
Current Research ActivitiesMulti-scale technology, nanotechnology, Molecular dynamics, Advanced Finite Element Method, Meshless methods
Selected Publications1. Y.T. Gu and L.C. Zhang (2006), A coupled meshless technique/molecular dynamics method for multi-scale analysis of cracks in structures. Key Engineering Materials.
2. Y.T. Gu and L.C. Zhang (2006), A concurrent multi-scale method for structures based on the combination of the meshfree method and the molecular dynamics. International Journal for Multiscale Modeling and Simulation.
3. Y.T. Gu and L.C. Zhang (2006), A simple method for analyzing the deformation of nanoelectromechanical switches based on carbon nanotubes. International Journal of Nano-Manufacturing.
4. Y.T. Gu and Q.X. Wang (2006), A pseudo-elastic meshless method for the analyzing material nonlinear problems of structures. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering.
5. Y.T. Gu and Q.X. Wang (2006), A Meshless Local Kriging Method for Large Deformation Analyses. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering.
6. Y.T. Gu and G.R. Liu (2006). Meshless techniques for convection dominated problems. Computational Mechanics. Vol. 38(1).
7. Y.T. Gu (2005), Meshfree methods and their comparisons. International Journal of Computational Methods (IJCM) (Special issue, eds.: Gu and Worsak) Vol. 2, No. 4, 477-515.
8. Y.T. Gu and G.R. Liu (2005), Meshless methods coupled with other methods for solids and structures. Tsinghua Science and Technology. Vol. 10 (1), 8-15.
9. Y.T. Gu and H. Ding (2005), Meshfree methods and their newest development. Advances in Mechanics. Vol. 3, 25-32.
10. Y.T. Gu and G.R. Liu (2005), A Meshfree Weak-Strong (MWS) form method for time dependent problems. Computational Mechanics, 35, 134–145.
Membership/Fellowship of Key Organisations• One of founder members, Singapore Association for Computational Mechanics, from 2003
• Member of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), from 2002
• Certificate naval architecture engineer of China Naval Architecture Engineer Society, from 1996
• Certificated senior software programmer and computer software engineer of China Computer Engineer Society, from 1993
Awards and Distinctions6/2001 Outstanding Young Researcher Award in the First MIT Conference on Computational Fluid and Solid Mechanics. MIT, USA
1/1999 – 1/2002 Research Scholarship, the National University of Singapore
3/1993 The Award of Outstanding Postgraduate Student, China
7/1991 The Award of Province Outstanding Graduate Student, China
9/1987 – 7/1991 The first Class of Scholarship, Dalian University of Technology, China