Dr. Wanqiang XU
Address: School of Materials, the University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052
Phone: 02-9385 5234
Fax: 02-9385 5956
UNSW, Science, Materials Science & Engineering
Role in the networkEarly Career Researcher (ECR)
Materials Research FocusMaterials for a sustainable Australia
Current Research Activitiesthe relationship of microstructure, composition and properties of metallic materials; the texture evolution during thermal mechanical processing: the orientation distribution of crystalline materials in three dimentional space using FIB-EBSD tomography.
Selected Publications1) Xu W and Ferry M. “Influence of Starting Microstructure on Texture Development in Cold Rolled and Annealed Low Carbon Steel Strip” Materials Science Forum, 495-497, pp. 519-524 (2005).
2) Xu W, Ferry M and Wang Y. “Influence of Alloying Elements on As-cast Microstructure and Strength of Gray Iron” Materials Science and Engineering A, A390, pp. 326-333 (2005).
3) Xu W, Ferry M and Wang Y. “The Effect of Ausferrite Formation on the Mechanical Properties of Gray Iron” Scripta Materialia, 51, pp. 705-709 (2004).
4) Ferry M and Xu W. “Microstructural and Crystallographic Features of Ausferrite in As-cast Gray Iron” Materials Characterization, 53, pp. 43-49 (2004)
5) W. Xu , M. Ferry, N. Mateescu, J.M. Cairney, F.J. Humphreys “Techniques for generating 3-D EBSD microstructures 3 by FIB tomography”, Materials Characterization, (2006), in press
6) Xu W and Ferry M. “Deformation and annealing of low carbon steel with different starting microstructures” Materials Science and Engineering A (submitted).